Disaster Relief Sign Up
- Date: October 3 – October 9
- Where: Houma, Louisiana.
- Why: Samaritan’s Purse has shared that they are receiving more “work requests” from homeowners than local volunteers are able to fulfill. They’ve invited partner churches to travel to help!
- Cost: Only food expenses during travel. Samaritan’s Purse covers food/lodging while volunteering. Compassion Outreach will cover transportation expenses.
- Ages: Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age or older. Youth, ages 14-15, must be accompanied by their parent/legal guardian and youth, ages 16-17, must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Description: Volunteers will assist homeowners affected by Hurricane Ida and will help in Jesus’ Name with mud outs, roof tarping, debris cleanup, and chainsaw work.
- Covid Testing: A negative Covid test from a provider is required within 72 hours of arriving in Louisiana.
- Travel Details: Volunteers are encouraged to carpool. However, individuals can drive independently.
- More Information: https://samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/nam/#volunteer-now