Thank you for your incredible commitment, love for our partners, and leadership in this challenging season! It brought us so much joy to see your faces this week! Please read this email in its entirety as it contains important action steps regarding your GO Team. A few notes from our zoom call and reminders about next steps for your Teams…
- Today: April & May GO Teams will be notified that their trips have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled this year. If you are a Leader for these teams please make a plan to connect with your team next week to pray together, answer questions and talk about what it looks like for you to ‘stay on mission’ this year. If you need help with using Zoom or setting that up let me know! ALL 2020 GO Teams will receive an email update regarding the cancellation of these trips and how we will be making decisions regarding later teams.
- April 10th: Barring any major changes in the current circumstances, June & July Teams will be notified of cancellation as well and teams scheduled for later in the year will be given an update of when the final decision will be made about their trip.
- Once a team is notified of cancellation, team members will have 30 days to submit this ONLINE FORM regarding their funds with the following options (please fill out a form yourself regarding your personal deposit):
- Hold any funds they’ve raised in their name for use on another trip in the next 2 years (2021/2022) for them or an immediate family member
- Redirect funds they’ve raised to Compassion Outreach for our coronavirus response globally.
- Receive a refund of the funds they personally gave to their trip and have their donors notified of the option to redirect to Outreach or receive a refund as well.
- Important Reminders about Next Steps for this year…
- If your team is cancelled, please monitor the task in Managed Missions for the cancellation form, which will be updated by Sarah as we receive responses. Follow up by phone with any team members that have not submitted their form after 1 week.
- Remember that any team member that is participating on more than one trip that is cancelled must fill out the form for each trip separately.
- Encourage your team members to participate with you on a trip next year!
- Help us continue to lead our teams to serve our partners this year! While we wish we could be on the front lines with our partners, this means we must redefine our mission. Some ways to engage with your team include:
- Strategic Prayer – Our prayers are the most valuable thing we could offer our partners in this season when we cannot be together! Plan regular prayer meetings for your ministry partner – let them know you’re praying and invite them to share specific requests or join you online. Our partners are posting their specific prayer needs on our PRAYER WALL.
- Support Through Generosity – Encourage those on your team that can to reach out to their neighbors! If you or someone you know is vulnerable and needs help, please let us know by filling out the GET HELP form on our website.
- Serve Selflessly – If you can GIVE HELP by assisting vulnerable people in our community or coming alongside our Local Partners, join us! Sign up as a team for our MEAL TRAIN to the Weeks families who have returned from Ethiopia.
- Stay Connected – Please go right now and subscribe to our HERE & NOW updates and share these on your social media to get the word out about our partners and what God is doing! Be sure you’re following us FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
- April 25th from 10-11am we will have a Zoom call to connect, give you updates on our partners and teams, and brainstorm opportunities to stay connected this year! I will send you a calendar invite for that call.
THANK YOU!!! We love you and we’re grateful to be in this fight with you!