I know your inbox is overflowing and that for many of us all the areas of our lives are being affected, not just teams (i.e. school, work, events and personal travel plans etc.). First, I want to say thank you for your timely and measured response to all of these changes. Your leadership and love for our teams and our partners are invaluable gifts especially in this season.
We are making an effort to streamline communication to keep from filling your inbox and give you opportunities to answer questions and talk through issues…
- ZOOM: I’ve set up 3 Zoom call time slots over the next 3 days starting tomorrow where I
will be available by video so we can pray together, trouble shoot and answer
questions! You can join from any computer or mobile device, just choose a
link below that works in your schedule and put it on your calendar. Simply click
on the link at the designated time to connect! If none of these work for you
feel free to reach out to me directly. These
are not mandatory, this is simply a resource. We want to be available to
- Tomorrow, Sunday 3/15 at 2:00pm – https://zoom.us/j/995025933
- Monday 3/16 at 7:00pm – https://zoom.us/j/118372059
- Tuesday 3/17 at 10:30am – https://zoom.us/j/434636902
- UPDATES: After this email, I will no longer be sending email updates. All Team Leader updates will be posted on our website here: CompassionOutreach.com/covid-19-updates. Previous emails have already been posted so you can access all the information we’ve shared about GO Teams in one place.
- TEXTING: We will use our texting service to text all of you with a link when a new update is posted. I promise to use this sparingly for changes that will affect all of your teams. If there is an update specific to an individual team or smaller group I will email you separately. You’ll receive the first text later today with an update answering some questions we’ve received in the last 24 hours regarding clarity on what ‘suspended’ means.
- TEAM MEMBER QUESTIONS: If you have team members that have questions you can’t answer, encourage them to use the form provided at the bottom of CompassionOutreach.com/COVID-19 to communicate directly with the Outreach Team.
Remember, these steps are about being responsible, not fearful, and focusing on what’s most important. Even though we’re not able to meet in the same building this week, the church is not ‘closed’, WE are the Church! Our Local Outreach Team is working hard to coordinate with our partners and identify needs in our area. Encourage your teams to reach out to their neighbors, especially those who are at higher risk and may be choosing to self-quarantine. Consider those who may have a hard time figuring out childcare if schools are closed etc. When we lead with peace and unity our teams will follow. Let’s BE the church in our communities and love one another well!
If you or your team knows of a need, wants to be contacted with local outreach opportunities, or want to get updates about church related events/services please go to CompassionChristian.com/Response.
Thank you again for all you do – it’s a joy to partner in the Gospel with you!