Hey Team Leaders,
It was fun to see your faces a week or so ago! This email includes an overview of what we covered as well as the link to make sure you get an invite to our ‘Blue Sky’ Brainstorming Opportunities!
I’m learning there’s a lot of ups and downs in pandemics. So many questions without clear answers. Some of us are experiencing rich time with our families and enjoying a slower pace of life. Others are bearing a heavy burden of anxiety and loss – our hearts have been especially heavy for the many people who were affected by the layoffs at Gulfstream last week. Thank you for your faithfulness in this season of uncertainty. Your leadership and encouragement for our partners and teams have remained a bright spot and makes me so hopeful for what the future holds!
We want to take this opportunity with a break from summer teams to look toward the future, and we want your input! Take 2 minutes to submit this form and let us know what ‘Blue Sky’ Brainstorm conversations you’d like to be a part of to invest in the future of Global Engagement at Compassion: https://compassionoutreach.com/2020-go-team-leader-brainstorms/
Overview of Key Points from our April 25th Zoom…
- All active GO Teams will be reassessed on May 15th for travel on a case by case basis.
- We will also reassess funding on May 15th. In the meantime, no team members should be actively fundraising. If you have team members that have funds they have not submitted that they want held for next year they need to do so asap.
- If your team has been cancelled, be sure that everyone has completed the Cancellation Fund Request Form by checking the task in Managed Missions. Anyone who has not responded after 30 days will have their funds transferred to support our Outreach efforts locally and globally.
- Team Members whose team has been cancelled can transfer to an active team later in the year with the understanding that travel on that team is not guaranteed – they will be given the same options for funding if the team they transfer to is also cancelled later.
- Our 2 TRAC Teams (local camp for foster teens) have been moved to October and are open to new members. Contact Christie Birchfield (email@example.com) for details.
- Stay engaged with your teams through prayer, zoom calls with partners, or serve together locally! If you need help with ideas or facilitating connection to partners let us know!
- New website layout and opportunities to connect with local partners: https://compassionoutreach.com/
- Make sure to subscribe to receive our email updates so you’ll be in the loop with new videos & important info at the very bottom of the home page
- Here & Now Videos, check out the newest one about the shower trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzUFOHSyL34
- Local Outreach
- Biggest need right now is masks – encourage your team to get involved
Thank you for all you do!! You guys are awesome!