The primary purpose in going on a short-term team is to learn and, secondarily, to serve. Serving is the best means of showing the love of Christ in any culture, but learning is the goal…resulting in a reshaped life. Our GO Teams practice:
- learning to see the world more as God sees it
- learning to pray and bond with brothers and sisters of other cultures
- learning to see the diverse ways God can use you for His glory
- learning that our cultural worldview is not the only one out there
- learning to discern if God is calling you into cross-cultural service.
Our goal is not just to get people “involved” or to have “programs” but rather to make lifelong, mature disciples of Jesus with a heart for the world. In summary, this means learning to trust God in all things.