Our daily lives as followers of Jesus do not have to be mundane. Through the Holy Spirit, you have the power to inspire those around you by intentionally showing love, encouragement and care. Sometimes these simple acts of compassion can be exactly what someone needs.
Here’s some ideas to get you going. Stop. Pray. Get creative!
- Make a “relax” bag with bubble bath, hot tea and other small items and give it to a new mom.
- Have a care package in your car to give to a homeless person.
- Leave a thank you note for your postman or garbage man.
- Pick up a prayer card for one of our international missionary partners at your campus and commit to pray for them for the next week.
- When you’re waiting in line, invite the person behind you to go first — even if you’re in a hurry.
- Leave a note in your neighbor’s mailbox saying you hope they have a great week.
- Hand a thank you note to a police officer.
- Make that call. Repair a broken relationship. Go more than halfway.
- Bake cookies and deliver them to firefighters in your community.