God can use you to impact someone’s life by investing your time, gifts and heart. We show compassion when we give of ourselves to benefit someone else.
Here’s some ideas to get you going. Stop. Pray. Get creative!
- Adopt a grandparent at a nursing home or assisted living facility.
- Mentor children or students through the Dream Campaign. HelpMeDream.org.
- Volunteer with refugee women or provide childcare for their children. HopeAcademySavannah.com
- Get out of your comfort zone; invite someone over who is different than you (race, ethnicity, religion, etc)
- Volunteer with Performance Initiatives and mentor or tutor inner-city students. Email Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have school-age children, be part of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA).
- Volunteer with our student or children’s ministry and help change a life!
- Donate used books to your local school’s library. Offer to spend time reading to children who need extra help.