Background of ministry
Love One ministry was started by families who have been blessed by the gift of adoption. The Love One ministry was initiated out of obedience to God fulfilling the call to care for the Fatherless. When confronted with the growing orphan crisis in our world today our families were moved to action.
The Biblical purpose of Love One is rooted in two verses, James 1:27 “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world”, and Matthew 18:5 “And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.”
It is a startling fact that there are 153 million orphans in our world today. The purpose of Love One is to bring the awareness of this global crisis and the Heavenly solution to this earthly problem to our church and surrounding community. By bringing resources to anyone who is interested in adoption, foster care, or orphan care, Love One ministry provides hope and homes to the fatherless. Love One wants to supply the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of families going through the process of fostering or adopting, pre and post placement.
Ways to Serve and Commitment Level
Volunteers are welcome and needed. Please contact Love One to find out about ongoing ministry opportunities. We are looking for families who have adopted or fostered at each SCC campus to help be a resource for Love One at each campus.
- Educate yourself and raise awareness by attending Bible Studies on what God’s word says about the Fatherless.
- Foster or adopt a Child
- Take a meal to a family who is fostering or adopting.
- Go on a missions trip and support orphan care
- Sponsor a child.
- Pray for families adopting or fostering.
- Support adoption fundraisers through giving of your time, yard sale items or financial gifts.
- Mentor a child who has lost one or both parents.
- Share upcoming events that support orphan care with friends and family.