Performance Initiatives is dedicated to help others by using athletics and fitness. The mission is simple…to inspire and implement principles in programs which will enrich the lives of others physically, psychologically, and spiritually. About 80 children attend this program after school during the week. Performance Initiatives takes the opportunity to mentor the children as they lift weights, get fit, and stay healthy.
To model and implement a three tier approach – enabling people to strengthen themselves physically, mentally and spiritually in developing healthier and more productive lifestyles.
Ways to Serve & Commitment Level
- Tutoring Students -min. of one hour /once a week during the hours of 3pm-6:30pm M-F
- Spiritual Development- Youth Groups/Huddles are weekly on Fridays from 6pm-7:30pm
- Mentoring Students- this is a weekly opportunity, min. an hour a week (this could be tutoring, helping with service projects, etc )
- Building repairs – on going as needed, can be done on Saturdays, as the volunteer’s time allows
- Fundraiser Committee-ongoing through out the year
- Board of Directors or Advisory Board positions- meet bi-monthly
- Front Desk/ Greeting- hours are M-F 3pm-7pm (a volunteer can serve anytime during these hours)
- Administrative support- 2-4 hours a month,filing, data input, etc
- Marketing/newsletter team- Newsletter goes out monthly