Serving in Ministry Since
Partnering with CCC since
Christian City is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that provides vibrant living, life-changing hope and a community of loving friends. Life at Christian City is all about looking forward to a better day and living life to its fullest. 1000 children, teens and senior adults reside on our 500-acre campus. Our mission is to extend Christ’s call to love your neighbor through housing, health care and crisis intervention.
In the early 1960’s, Dr. Byron and Rose Harper met with minister Jim Dyer and his wife Dura to dream about meeting needs for vulnerable people in the name of Christ. The Harpers donated land and churches raised money to construct the first children’s home. The campus now has multiple buildings and ministries serving 1000 residents.
Our campus family consists of 1000 residents:
- Kids who live in our residential program.
- Seniors who have retired and live in patio homes.
- Seniors who live in subsidized low-income housing apartments.
- Seniors and others who live in our Assisted Living facility.
- Seniors who reside in the Skilled Nursing Unit and long-term Memory Care.
Prayer Points for Christian City
- Personal: For all our staff (400), please pray for strength as Covid has tested and challenged all who work directly with the residents.
- Ministry: For the ministry, pray for discernment for the leaders as we embark upon a strategic plan, which will have impact upon many people for years to come.
- Community: For the community of residents and those surrounding our campus, pray for courage as they face health challenges, emotional mountains, and spiritual battles as they learn to thrive in Christ.