God Moves – Where our team reflects at the end of each day to discuss where we witness God’s unique touch on our day…some highlights from today’s discussion:
- Our team of roughly 23 – operated as one synced unit throughout the entire day; 23 presents more moving parts than usual and we all agreed this was indeed a God-thing
- The genuine appreciation of a humble Ecuadorian as they get to select a paint color: orange, blue, or yellow
- Ones team’s perseverance and calmness to help a more particular client achieve his preference of off white with red trim
- After painting houses; a group of high school girls, from our team, ability to click and play endlessly with the young girls of Bolivar, the community we are focusing on this week
- Also after painting – roughly 20 Ecuadorian boys giving the few men and boys on our team a soccer drubbing of a lifetime…and how it led to a strong connection (even given the language barrier) Game 2 on for tomorrow.
- Carlos and Jeanette’s efforts to develop more community connections within reach of Curia. Reminded us all of SCC – with their many locations and outreach.
- The pastor’s wife (Karen, from the church in San Jose) choice of words when we got to visit her home today: “ My home is small, but my heart is big.”
- Carlos and Jeannette’s ability to light up a community with joy
- Prayers over the newly painted houses and the thankfulness from the families…most rewarding few coats of paint – we all can agree