Background of ministry
P.A.C.K began as a kitchen table project. Malena and Dudley Stone, were concerned that their three young boys were unaware of the needs of the community around them. The Stones, convinced that they needed to do a better job of serving regularly with the boys, were surprised when they were unable to find a local charity willing to let young children volunteer. They began packing 50 bags of food in their kitchen each week and taking them to a local school for children struggling with weekend hunger. Friends and neighbors joined in the effort.
P.A.C.K. is a 501 c-3 non-profit committed to meeting the basic needs of children in our local community. We are also committed to inspiring the next generation of volunteers!
P.A.C.K provides volunteer experiences for people of all ages. From packing food and toiletry bags to making homemade cards, we provide memorable, child and family-friendly serving opportunities! Everyone is welcome!
Ways to Serve
- Packing and distributing over 10,000 bags of weekend food to local children each month.
- Maintaining a foster care closet at DFCS to ease the transition to foster care.
- Providing snack and busy bags to children undergoing cancer treatments and children who are hospital inpatients.
- Providing toiletry bags to children at local schools, shelters, and community centers.
- Supporting local schools by encouraging teachers, providing reading volunteers, school supplies, and book fair vouchers.
- Teaching children to serve, lead, and love right where they are!