The start of City Kids Sport Camp!
- We started with setup at 6 am
- After set up we walked and prayed over the field, the basketball court, the parking lot, and the entrance of the school.
- We met together with the team and prayed with them before starting the day. We learned about their tradition of huddling and yelling “yeah boy!”
- We were spread out either helping as a team leader, a sports leader, or helping out with registration.
As the kids were coming in we prayed for peace over the parents and over the kids. One child that stuck out was this little girl named Stella. She was crying because she didn’t know anyone at the camp. We learned that her dad is actually a pastor of a church plant down the street from Grace City. After about fifteen minutes, I (Jordan) got her to hang out with me and her mom was able to leave. About an hour into the camp she already had a group of girls around her and a play date planned (that their parents didn’t know about).
- We started the camp off with prayer and some stretching all together, lead by Grant.
- After we stretched we got into four teams, Green, Red, Blue, and Yellow
- Our team lead the Green Gamers, and we got to make our own team chant. “Green! Green! Green! Gamers!”
- We played basketball, baseball, soccer, and we did agility training.
At the end of the day, Billy Kilmer shared his testimony with the kids. He compared his experience playing baseball to his relationship with God. When we strike out, God runs the bases for us. After he shared his testimony, he announced the kid that was the most encouraging to his teammates . He was rewarded with a huge ball of candy he got to share with his friends.
- We ended the day by cleaning up and doing another “yeah boy!”
- That night we got to meet with the Prayer/Care team leaders Trevor and his wife Bethany.
- They invited us to their home for dinner and we learned more about what they do at Grace City.
- We were able to sit in community with them and really get to know their hearts, and we ended the night by praying over them.
Day Two of City Kids!
- The day went a lot like the first day of camp, but Trevor Jenkins was able to be our media guy for the day. He took some really great photos of the kids!
At the start of the day, a little boy named Luke walked up to David Cannady and gave him a bracelet. The bracelet read “Living in the FOG (favor of God).” Luke 2:52.
- A lot of the kids were more encouraging to each other and loved on each other even more than the day before. Possibly because the knew they might be rewarded with candy.
- The day ended with Brooke’s testimony (Brooke runs the woman’s ministry at Grace City).
- She spoke about her experience with softball, and how her coach put someone in to hit the ball for her so she could run the bases. She compared this to her relationship with Jesus, and how He will hit the ball for us so we can run the bases.
- They announced a little boy, Titus, as the winner for the day. He was encouraging to his teammates, and he let them go first throughout the day.
- After cleanup we got to end the day by going to lunch with Randall, Kai, Elle, Ava, and Billy.
Thank you for your prayers and support!